Simon Urbina CV
Simon Urbina is a Web Design expert, App developer, and Information Architect with 20 years of experience. He started as a Graphic Designer & Illustrator in the late 80’s and made the transition to web in 1996. He’s a talented Web Design Consultant that understands Business Strategy, User Experience, and Technology. Download Résumé.
|Skill Set||Tools||Code Experience|
Confidential 2010 – 2012
ZIMMERMAN ADVERTISING PARTNERS 2009 – 2010
Senior Web Design
- Oversee Design of Luxury Real Estate brands.
- Ensure Usability and UX on applicable customer facing pages.
- Create annotated Wireframes & create Comps.
- Apply JS frameworks to improve User Experience.
- Apply Social Technologies.
- Work Alongside Creative Directors, Art Directors, AEs, ACs.
INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL 2004-2008
Information Architect / UX
- Oversee and innovate with limited supervision on all user-facing pages.
- Took Content Inventories, developed Personas, delivered annotated Wireframes, conducted Usability testing, created POCs, created color Comps, delivered Power Point presentations, and Flow Diagrams while leveraging style guide.
- Created cohesive pages across all domains including B2C & B2B sites.
- Analyzed user data and made recommendations pre and post initiative.
- Ensured User Experience to increase propensity of positive usage.
- Gained signatory status for the IA role to ensure the best User Experience.
- Developed theories on IA / Usability Protocols which were implemented.
- Wrote a Travel 2.0 paper, which was circulated at the executive level.
- Was a proponent for the best User Experience.
- Considered tech pros and cons in terms of cost benefit and made recommendations.
- Interfaced between project owners and developers to deliver cost effective designs.
- Worked along side BAs, Business Groups, Executives, Development Teams, and Consultants.
- A great team backed me up and we were all up for the challenge.
INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL 2003-2004
Web Designer / Associate Information Architect
- As a consultant helped innovate Interval’s E-Mail campaigns and lend a design hand to designers already on the team.
- Helped change E-Mail to an application driven solution.
- Responsible for delivering annotated wire frames, color comps, iconography, HTML coding in the context of JAVA, and usability support.
- Worked along side BAs supervised by a manager.
SHEPARD LOBÉ COSTA,
UNITED COLORS OF BENETTON,
- Ensured User Experience on all web projects.
- Creative works included print, web, and interactive mediums.
- From interface design, to logo mark creation, whatever the task it had to be impactful, memorable, and quantifiably successful.
- Timelines were demanding and clients were satisfied.
- Worked along side executives and multi-disciplinary teams.
RADIANT HOLDINGS / NUMIND 2002-2003
Web / Print / Interactive Designer
- Responsible for working with internal business units to deliver designs for print and web.
- Created successful flash spots and presentations for the executives.
- Deliverables included color comps, coding, flash animation, iconography, signage, and photography.
PLANETA NETWORKS (Now Batanga.com) 1999-2001
Web / Print / Interactive Designer
- Responsible for creating HTML and Flash driven sites in support of all their domains.
- Worked along side a team of designers and programmers for corporate and product related initiatives.
- Examples of products include micro flash sites for “Hollowman”, “The Replacements”, “Deftones”, “Bon-Jovi”, and supporting all banner collateral to name a few.
- Created an engaging Flash driven presentation guided by the CEO.
SILVER CLOUDS OF AMERICA 1994-1997
- Oversaw all creative aspects SCs new jean company.
- Responsible for delivering print driven design from hang tags to signage and everything in between.
- Worked along with the Owner to communicate his brand vision as effectively and efficiently as possible across the print medium.
- Mac-Institute, 1992 Adobe PhotoShop, Quark, Freehand
- Macromedia Authorized Training Program, 2000 Accredited Advanced Macromedia Flash
- Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale, 2001 Graphic Design
- 2004 – Adaptivepath Washington D.C., VA
- 2003 – Usability 8 Boston, MA
- 2004 Interval International Crystal Award
- 1999 AIFL Dean’s List