Add this to your web design tool box. This is a must have a for bootstrap web designers.
- ^ – Match only if the Following is at the Beginning of the Line
- $ – Match only if the Previous is at the End of the Line
- ? – Match the Previous 0 or 1 times (makes it optional)
- . – Match any Single Character
- * – Match the Previous 0 or More Times
- + – Match the Previous 1 or More Times
- (x) – Matches x and Remembers the match to be called using $1
- (?:x) – Matches x but does Not remember the match
- x(?=y) – Matches x Only if it is followed by y
- x(?!y) – Matches x only if it is NOT followed by y
- x|y – Matches x or y
- [xyz] – Matches any character enclosed in the Brackets. Note: This matches X, or Y, or Z; it doesn’t match the string “xyz”.
- [^xyz] – Matches any character Except for those listed in the Brackets.
- \ – “Escape” special characters. Thus \? literally matches ? not the Syntax Rule of “previous is option”.
- \d \w \s – Matches and Digit (number), Alphabetic Character (letter) or White Space (space bar) respectfully.
- \D \W \S – Matches everything But a Digit, Character, or White Space respectfully.
Include an entire directory but nothing beneath it
Include all subdirectories
Include a single file
Include any file of a specific type
^/shop/.*\.php – any php file
Include everything that contains a specific phrase