2015 might the busiest year I have ever experienced. Between work and family sometimes it’s hard to find a balance. This isn’t a top 3 things you can do to be more successful, this is just a reflection and a long overdue blog post for my own place in the web universe.
Here’s what I have done for work:
- Created Multiple Websites at an Amazing Studio, WDS
- Created A New App For CRI: Equip
- Created My First Plugin: Mega Ad
- Created My Next Plugin: Donate Engine
- Created A Game App For Kids: Kinder 1-2-3
Here’s what I have done for the Family:
- Set Aside Time Only For Them
- Played More With My Son
- Emergencies Can Usually Wait And Did
- Refocus Every Morning On What Matters, My Family
- Take Walks With The Family Everyday
- Tell Them I Love Them Everyday
- Prove My Love With Action Not Just Talk
At the end of the day, you can’t take money with you. Although, a Porsche Carrera is far better than a skateboard. Nonetheless, all that’s left when we all inevitably shuffle of this mortal coil are the memories we build with our co-workers and especially the love we cultivate with our families.
The key to having good balance starts by recognizing you need balance – we all do. I hope you find that balance.